FORMAT, RULES & PRIZES
Please go through the information below. Rules & Format are subject to change and any changes will be updated prior to the start of the event.
This tournament is open only to amateur golfers.
GROUPS, TEAMS & PAIRINGS
- The entire field of participants will be divided into 3 groups. Each of the 3 groups will play the same 3 golf courses in rotation over 3 golfing days.
- Groups will further be made of teams. Each team will consist of 4 Golfers. In case, a team of 4 cannot be completed, 3 Golfers will form a team. All members of one team will be in one Group.
- It is mandatory for each team to nominate a Team Leader (CAPTAIN). All communication regarding the tournament rules, format, scoring or any doubts or clarifications for any member of the team is to be routed through the CAPTAIN only.
- In each flight of 4, one or two golfers from one team will play with one or two golfers from another team/s
- HANDICAP/COURSE HANDICAP/HANDICAP FOR SCORING
- Handicap for Men: 0-24. The Individual Course Handicaps will be calculated based on the Handicap Index certificates submitted. However, the maximum course handicap for men for this tournament will be limited to 24 (i.e the maximum Handicap for scoring will be 75% of 24 = 18)
- Handicap for Women: 0-36. The Individual Course Handicaps will be calculated based on the Handicap Index certificates submitted. However, the maximum course handicap for women for this tournament will be limited to 36 (i.e the maximum Handicap for scoring will be 75% of 36 = 27)
- Calculated Course Handicap will be computed as following:
Calculated Course Handicap = Submitted Handicap Index x Slope Rating of the Course
(for the corresponding tees)/ 113 (rounded off to the nearest Whole No.)
- Handicaps used for Scoring will be as follows
1st Round: 75% of Handicap Allowance ( Explained Later) or 75% of Calculated Course Handicap, whichever is lower (rounded off to the nearest Whole No).
2nd Round: 75% of Calculated Course Handicap less any correction after Round 1 (rounded off to the nearest Whole No.)
3rd Round: 75% of Calculated Course Handicap less any correction after Round 1, Round 2 or both (rounded off to the nearest Whole No)
In any case the maximum allowable Handicap (100%) for Men will be 24 and for Ladies will be 36
- The word HANDICAP shall be deemed to be understood as the Calculated Course Handicap.
- The Handicap indicated on the scorecards, however, (for the convenience of the competitors) shall be 75% of the Course HANDICAP and will be the one used for scoring; except in the first round where the lower of 75% of Handicap Allowance and 75% of Calculated Course Handicap will be used.
- All Golfers must submit their Handicap Index from their slope rated home course. Players who do not submit their valid Handicap Index in time will play to a Handicap Index of 0.0.
- Handicap Corrections will take place during the tournament as per the rules of the tournament (specified later)
- For those Golfers who submit only their Course Handicaps and not Handicap Indexes from their home course which is not slope rated, 85 % of their submitted Course Handicap will be taken as the Handicap Index
- All Golfers must carry their Handicap Index Certificates as on September 1, 2018 from their Home Clubs.
3. FORMAT & SCORING
- Tournament has been planned to be played in a Bogey Format over 3 rounds (played over 3 courses). At the end of the three tournament days, it is planned that all competitors would have played One Round at Three of the Tournament courses.
- The 1st Round will be played as per Bogey Format with – scored using 75% of Handicap Allowance (Explained Later) or 75% of Calculated Course Handicap (based on Submitted Handicap Index and Slope Rating), whichever being lower. There will be no Power Play option in this round.
- The 2nd and 3rd Rounds will also be played as per Bogey Format as per 75% of adjusted Handicap. There will be options of Power Play in these 2 rounds (described in detail, later)
- For the team event, the Best 3 Scores for each round in each team (including the effect of Power Play in rounds 2 & 3 ) shall be added up over the three tournament rounds and the highest team total achieved in this manner shall determine the winning team.
- Power Play effect on scores will NOT be taken into account for the Individual Competitions.
- All scorecards must be exchanged for the purpose of marking and need to be filled ONLY with the Gross score (i.e actual number of strokes taken) on each hole. Score cards must be clearly marked and signed by the player and marker. Scorecards may not be exchanged between the same team members.
- In the event of a tie on the last day (for the team event, in the total scores added up over 3 days), the last day’s scores – sum of 3 best scores) will be used to break the tie. If the tie still persists, better back-9 scores on the last day (sum of the best 3 back-9 of the 3 overall best scores of the last day in the team) will be used as a tiebreaker. If still tied, the better back 6 and in case of a tie even in the back-6, better back-3 or finally the 18th hole score/s on the last day will be considered to determine the winning team. In case of a tie even on the 18th hole scores, the same process shall be followed for the front nine holes (better front 9, front 6, front 3 and finally 9th hole on the last day). The same method of breaking the tie shall be adopted to determine all Individual competition winners. Please note the emphasis is on the last valid tournament day scores, and not the last course, which could be different for different teams/players. In the case of the Individual competitions – Course Wise, the same principle as explained above will be used, however the reference will not be last day, but only for the scores for that course.
Handicap Allowance Explained
The following applies to determining Handicap Allowance Only.
- Worst Score on a Hole Taken is 2 over par
- Best Score on a Hole Taken is Par
The sum of the Scores Over Par on each Hole as above added to determine the Handicap Allowance for the Round
E.g. for a Player with the Following Scores By Hole
Also, the player has played 1 “below” Par on Hole no 6 and 2 below Par on Hole no 7. However the Adjusted Vs Par for these Holes is Capped at “0” over only.As per above the Player has played “3” “over” Par on Holes No. 4 & 5 and “4” over Par on Hole no. 18. However the Adjusted Vs. Par for these Holes is Capped at “2” over only.
Based on Above the Total Above Par for the Player ( Sum of the 2nd last row) is 24. However, The Handicap Allowance is the aggregate of the Adjusted Vs. Par ( sum of the last row) i.e 22
Scoring in Round 1 Explained
If the Handicap Allowance calculated as above is lower than the Calculated Course Handicap (worked out from the submitted Handicap Indexes), then 75% of this Handicap Allowance will be used to calculate Bogey Points. If not, then 75% of Calculated Course Handicap will be used to calculate the Bogey Points.
Lets say, if the submitted handicap index of the player is 20.3. and the slope rating of the course being played for the corresponding tees is 127 – then the
Calculated Course handicap is 20.3 x 127/113 = 22.81 rounded to 23
Since the Handicap Allowance in above example is 22 and is less than the Calculated Course Handicap (23), 75% of this Handicap allowance (i.e 22) = 16.5 rounded to 17 will be used to calculate Bogey Points for this round.
The Scores will therefore be calculated as follows : (Hcap @ 75% – 17)
(Note: For Calculating: Actual Score is Used & Not Adjusted Score. For Calculating Handicap Allowance as above, Adjusted Score is used. )
Score : -3
(Note: The maximum Handicap Allowance for the tournament is set at 24 for men and 36 for women.The same will be followed in this round if the Handicap Allowance as calculated above exceeds 24 for men and 36 for women)
Scoring of 2nd & 3rd Rounds as Per Power Play Explained
In Tournament Rounds 2 & 3: Bogey with 2 Golftripz Power Play holes (pre-designated). A Golfer may exercise the “Option” of “Power Play” on up to 2 Power Play Holes in each of the 2nd and 3rd Rounds. The Scoring on these holes for Golfers who “opt” to exercise the Power Play will be as follows:
- Net Par: 0
- Net Birdie or Better : +1
- Net Bogey or Worse : -1
The rest of the Holes (16 holes) on each course will be played and scored as per the Bogey Scoring System as follows:
- Net Par: 0
- Net Birdie or Better : +1
- Net Bogey or Worse : -1
- HANDICAP CORRECTION EXPLAINED
- Handicap Correction will be applied to players after their scores in Round 1 or Round 2 or both at below the 100% Calculated course handicaps based on the Handicaps/Handicap indexes submitted by them. The 100% Calculated course handicap will be compared to the “Handicap Allowance” obtained, which will be as below.
The “Handicap Allowance” obtained ( as explained under the heading “Handicap Allowance Explained”) will be compared with the 100% “Calculated Course Handicap” (worked out from the submitted Handicap Indexes) and the difference (100% Calculated Course Handicap – Handicap Allowance) of 3 or more will result in reduction of 100% Calculated Course Handicaps for the “subsequent” round/s.
Note: It is possible there may be reductions after round 1 for round 2 and round 3 and a subsequent further reduction for round 3 after round 2 based on similar comparison between the Handicap Allowance and the Calculated Course Handicaps for Round 2 also.
(Note: The maximum Handicap Allowance for the tournament is set at 24 for men and 36 for women. The same will be followed in this round if the Handicap Allowance as calculated above exceeds 24 for men and 36 for women)
- TEE BOXES
- Siam Country Club – Old Course – White Tees
- Siam Country Club – Plantation Course – White Tees
- Siam Country Club – Waterside Course – White Tees
- NOVELTY PRIZES
These will be informed before the tournament begins and displayed on the notice board and at the respective courses/ tee boxes.
Team Competition: The best three Net Individual scores in each team will be added up over three rounds to determine the winning team. In case of a team of 3, all three scores will be counted. Power Play for Rounds 2 & 3 shall be taken into account for team scoring. Prizes are listed below.
Individual Competition: There are several prizes in the Individual Competition, as listed. Power Play is not taken into account for the Individual prizes.
TEAM PRIZES (will consider effect of Power Play option )
(All Prizes apply to Both Gentlemen & Lady Golfers)
WINNING TEAM: Highest Net Bogey scores with best 3 scores in each team aggregated over a total of 3 rounds.
RUNNERS-UP TEAM: Second Highest Net Bogey scores with best 3 scores in each team aggregated over a total of 3 rounds
SECOND RUNNERS-UP TEAM: Third Highest Net Bogey scores with best 3 scores in each team aggregated over a total of 3 rounds.
INDIVIDUAL PRIZES (will not consider Power Play)
(All Prizes apply to Both Gentlemen & Lady Golfers, except where explicitly Stated)
OVERALL INDIVIDUAL GROSS STABLEFORD WINNER: Highest Individual Gross Stableford Score aggregated over 3 rounds
OVERALL INDIVIDUAL GROSS STABLEFORD RUNNER-UP: Second Highest Individual Gross Stableford Score aggregated over 3 rounds
OVERALL INDIVIDUAL NET WINNER: Highest Individual Net Score aggregated over 3 rounds
OVERALL INDIVIDUAL NET RUNNER-UP: Second Highest Individual Net Score aggregated over 3 rounds
INDIVIDUAL NET WINNER – 3 GOLF COURSES
Highest Individual Net Score for Each Golf Course
INDIVIDUAL NET RUNNERS-UP – 3 GOLF COURSES
Second Highest Individual Net Score for Each Golf Course
OVERALL INDIVIDUAL SENIOR NET WINNER: Highest Individual Net score aggregated over 3 rounds of Seniors of age 60 yrs and above as on 2nd October 2018
LONGEST DRIVE, CLOSEST TO PIN & STRAIGHTEST DRIVE: For Each of the Courses Played
NOTE: Any individual competitor shall not be eligible for more than two prizes (including Team prizes). If an individual wins in more than two categories, the two prizes awarded to him/her will be in the higher order of importance, as listed here.
The order of importance of the Prizes from Most Important to Least Important is as follows
- TEAM PRIZES – WINNER, RUNNERS-UP, 2nd RUNNERS-UP
- OVERALL INDIVIDUAL GROSS STABLEFORD WINNER
- OVERALL INDIVIDUAL NET WINNER
- OVERALL INDIVIDUAL GROSS STABLEFORD RUNNERS-UP
- OVERALL INDIVIDUAL NET RUNNERS-UP
- INDIVIDUAL NET WINNER BY GOLF COURSE
- INDIVIDUAL NET RUNNERS-UP BY GOLF COURSE
- OVERALL INDIVIDUAL NET WINNER, RUNNERS UP – SENIORS
- CLOSEST TO PIN
- STRAIGHTEST DRIVE
- LONGEST DRIVE
- The R & A Rules of Golf shall govern all play
- Wherever applicable, all Local course rules to be followed.
- In case of discontinuation/disruption of play due to Rain or any other situation beyond the Organiser’s control, the Tournament Committee shall decide how to proceed and inform the Golfers accordingly
- Range finders that measure only distance (“not slope”) are allowed in the tournament
ALL DECISIONS MADE BY THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING.
- PACE OF PLAY
- Pace of Play is paramount to this competition to ensure timely and enjoyable rounds for all golfers in this competition. Everyone is required to ensure that they play within the times allotted by holes and adhere to the times as stated on the pace of play placards which will be placed at regular intervals during the round and also to respect the Marshall’s indications for pace of play
- In keeping with this spirit, it is therefore to be noted that a player must pick up his ball on any hole where his/her score goes “beyond” net bogie in which case the marker should mark an “X” for the hole as the score for that hole.
- The tournament committee will be the sole decision maker on any penalties relating to pace of play (see points regarding penalties/disqualifications in last para of this document).
- PENALTIES IN BOGEY COMPETITION, DOUBT AS TO PROCEDURE AND PACE OF PLAY AS PER THE RULES OF GOLF
- If a competitor is in breach of a Rule for which there is a maximum penalty per round, he/she must report the facts to the Committee before returning his score card; if he/she fails to do so, he/she may be disqualified. The Committee will, from the total points scored for the round, deduct two points for each hole at which any breach occurred, with a maximum deduction per round of four points for each Rule breached.
- If a competitor is doubtful of his/her rights or the correct procedure during the play of a hole, he/she may, without penalty, complete the hole with two balls. After the doubtful situation has arisen and before taking further action, the competitor must announce to his marker or fellow-competitor that he intends to play two balls and which ball he wishes to count if the Rules permit. The competitor must report the facts of the situation to the Committee before returning his scorecard. If he fails to do so, he may be disqualified. (RULE 3-3)
- Any flight affecting the Pace of play adversely will be appropriately warned. For the purpose of preventing slow play, the Committee may, in such a condition, impose a penalty for a breach of this Rule as follows
- First offence – Deduction of one point from the total points scored for the round for each of the competitors in the flight;
- Second offence – Deduction of a further two points from the total points scored for the round for each of the competitors in the flight;
- For subsequent offence – Disqualification
DECISION AS TO WHETHER THE PACE OF PLAY IS UNACCEPTABLE WILL BE DECIDED BY THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE BASED ON INPUTS FROM THE RESPECTIVE COURSE MARSHALLS.
- DISQUALIFICATION: The Tournament Committee will take appropriate action as per the R & A Rules and Procedures to be adopted to ensure fairness in the competition. More information on this will be made available during the time of the tournament.
- CHANGES IN THE FORMAT, RULES & PRIZES: The Format, Rules and Prizes are as laid out at this point in time. However they are subject to change based on various factors – including extent of participation, completion of rounds and any other factors.
NOTE: ALL DECISIONS MADE BY THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING. THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE FORMAT ETC. AND ANNOUNCE THE SAME BEFORE THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE TOURNAMENT